Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/76 scale and 1/48 scale

1/76 scale: VERY VERY SMALL. But also very cheap. I bought a 1/76 Tiger I and a 1/76 Sherman Firefly for under $20, with enough left over to buy about 2 paints. I have only finished the construction and the base color of paint, and am convinced that it won't be easy to put on the rest of the paint.
Other than that, I have only one comment: do NOT buy the Airfix 1/76 Tiger I. The pieces were made very sloppily; there were little tabs (about the same size as numbering ones) almost everywhere. Very annoying.

1/48 scale: About the same as 1/35, my normal scale. However, the only 1/48 model I have (a Firefly IC) had 1 very unusual part: the hull was made of die-cast metal, "to add realistic weight and balance" which, from my perspective, was unnecesary and just made it annoying when handling different sub-assemblies.

No comments:

Post a Comment