Monday, April 25, 2011

My Great Grampa Lucas

My Great Grampa Lucas was a great man. He grew up on a farm, joined the Canadian Army when WWII broke out, and was injured during Normandy. He served in the 3rd Antitank Regiment of the Winnipeg Rifles.
He fought in Normandy from the moment he landed on D-Day +1 (7 June 1944) until the day he got injured, (12 August 1944), he served his 6-pounder gun crew well.
Sometime around October, 1942

Around 1943




The Newspaper reads "Germany Surrenders!"
In this photo you can see his injured arm. It is thought to be a piece of shrapnel.

For those of you with no clue what a 6-pounder is: |^|^|^|^|
 Now, for my next trip to Hobbyhouse, I think I shall get this:
Tamiya (#35005) - Tamiya 1/35 British 6-Pounder Anti-Tank Gun
So that I can make a diorama of my very own Great Grand-dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment