Sunday, March 20, 2011

Guinea-tanks?

I mentioned before that my spray painting went horribly awry. But, I decided to turn my disfigured tanks into test subjects for later models; if I want to see if stabbing a needle through the plastic coating will look like any sort of battle damage, I can try it out on one of my test tanks. (By the way, if you take the needle out of one of those cheap poppies you can buy to pin on your shirt, and manage to stab it through a piece of plastic, it will look like a bullet hole. However, do not be surprised when the pin keeps on slipping off the plastic.)
I reached this decision when, as I mentioned in the previous post, the barrel snapped of my Jagdpanther. This wouldn't be so bad if the barrel had any means of being connected externally, but the model requires the barrel to be glued on to a piece inside of the hull which I already sealed together. Seeing as I could not fix it, I was faced with just throwing it out, or keeping it. I decided I didn't want to waste $30, and so I kept them, and realized later that they were my test models for the spray paint; I learned many things from those tanks about spray painting, like how difficult it is.

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't your demolished Jagdpanther be listed under "Falling Apart" in your progress bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should, thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete